Scarring is a natural part of the body’s healing process after an injury. When the deeper layers of the skin are damaged (the dermis) – a scar will be produced as part of the wound-healing cascade. The body repairs the wound by increasing production of collagen at the wound site. The fibrous tissue that forms over the wound also protects it from further injury.
Scars produce a structural change in the skin – both in the skin’s features, color and architecture. Superficial wounding of the skin in the surface layer (the epidermis), will not produce a scar. When a wound has healed, the resulting tissue covering the wound is a scar. The scar will continue to change in texture and appearance as new collagen is formed, and the blood supply returns to a more normal state. This can take from one to two years. Scars will fade and improve gradually following an injury to the skin, however, there will always be some visible evidence of the trauma, and hair follicles will not grow back.
The scar that you see on the surface of the skin is the result of a complex process the skin goes through as it recovers from damage. There are many factors that affect how a wound heals, and the way the wound heals affects how the scar will end up looking in the long run. How skin heals and scars varies from person to person, but it also depends on how you care for the wound before the scar is done forming.
The skin goes through three stages of repair before you see a scar. In the first stage, there’s swelling, redness, and some tenderness or pain as a scab begins to form. During the next stage, new skin tissue forms underneath the scab. The final stage involves rebuilding and reforming the outer and inner layers of skin
Scar fading uses proven, non-surgical treatment options for individuals who desire to reduce the appearance of scars or undesirable pigmentation, resulting from surgery, accidents, injury, minor burns or illness. We use a wide variety of techniques that are holistic in approach, but based in real science. Scar fading treatments provide a gentle correction of existing scar tissue or undesirable pigmentation. These techniques effectively “re-model” the skins appearance, making the scar or blemish less visible over time. Treatment protocols combine customized clinical treatments, home care and nutritional support options for optimum wound healing and cosmetic improvement.
The individuals who can benefit from natural scar fading therapies include:
- Scars resulting from accidents, plastic surgery or general surgery
- Scars resulting from Breast Reduction, Tummy Tucks, C-Section or Mastectomy
- Minor Burns
- Stretch Marks
- Scars from Acne
Note: The flat, pink-to-red or tan-to-brown marks left from a breakout are technically not scars. This is called post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
Permanent Scar and Skin Camouflage is a medical tattoo process that camouflages skin irregularities or loss of pigment, by implanting flesh tone pigments into those areas. These pigments are tattooed into the scar or blemish by implanting washes of color – or hundreds of micro-sized dots (mimicking the pixels in digital photography). The layering of these tiny dots or washes of color, can help to blend the scar into the healthy surrounding skin.It is not possible to completely “erase a scar”; however a permanent camouflage process can hide the scar so effectively, it is no longer obvious to the naked eye. Permanent Scar Camouflage is also referred to as:
- Medical or Paramedical Tattooing
- Skin Re-pigmentation
- Micro-pigmentation or Corrective Camouflage
- Scar or Scalp Camouflage
This service is well received and supported by plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and general surgeons world-wide as a cosmetic restorative option. It is a highly specialized area of medical tattooing that requires advanced training, extensive knowledge of skin and scars, color, and advanced tattoo artistry.
Depending on your genetic makeup and the depth and type of tear in your skin, scarring can range from a slightly reddish discoloration to a thick, raised red or dark scar. There are three main “categories” of scars, generally described as (flat, indented, or raised).
These skin conditions will require care from a Dermatologist, Surgeon or Laser Technician.
- Moles & Freckles
- Port Wine Stains
- Red or Brown Birth Marks
- Keloid Scars
A Keloid Scar forms with an abnormal healing response to injury or trauma. They are similar in appearance to hypertrophic scars, but unlike hypertrophic scars, a keloid can grow beyond the original site of injury and once formed becomes permanent. A keloid has a hard, smooth surface and an irregular shape that can range from a small lumpy growth to a large disfiguring scar. It can be pinkish red to purple, or nearly
black in color.
If you have a scar you would like made less visible, please call to schedule a consult today 404-936-6931
BREAST SCAR CAMOUFLAGE
Your initial appointment is a 30-minute personalized and confidential breast consultation to determine what type of breast re-pigmentation services or scar therapies are best for you. This consultation will give us the opportunity to answer your specific questions about the services while providing you with an estimate and a customized treatment plan.
Our procedural appointments will be scheduled when you are ready to begin your scar treatment process. You should allow ninety minutes for each treatment session.
Cosmetic camouflage is applied by placing “micro-insertions” of cosmetic-grade pigment, underneath the surface of the skin to replace or enhance lost color. We will select a pigment that is complimentary to your complexion, or you may select a tone that most closely resembles your natural skin or areola coloring. Your nipples, areola or scars will be darker and more vivid in color immediately following each session, due to the pigment application process. The skin will exfoliate lightly within the first week of treatment and the color will lighten substantially. Details of recommended post care products and post care instructions will be discussed with you during your consultation.
- The actual procedures themselves are painless for the majority of our clients. While every person has a different threshold for discomfort, our topical anesthetics are so effective, most clients remain numb for up to an hour after their treatment session.
- There is no “down-time” with re-pigmentation or scar therapy procedures, and you will be able to bathe immediately and return to work and general activities the next day.
- We do not recommend working out for one week after a re-pigmentation procedure to allow the skin sufficient time to heal without irritation from body perspiration.
- We do not recommend swimming, sunbathing or spray-tanning for two weeks after any breast procedure.
- Re-pigmentation of the nipples and areola require two sessions which are included in the price of your initial service. Additional sessions may be required if there is significant scarring involved from surgery.
- Breast scar therapy work is a unique service customized to the individual needs of our clients.
- An estimate on the number of treatments required to accomplish scar refinements are discussed with you at the time of your consultation.
- Cosmetic camouflage will last on average between 2 to 3 years for most women before fading. You will need to boost the color and artistry periodically to maintain the enhancement.
- Cosmetic camouflage is susceptible to fading from UV exposure. We recommend that you wear sunscreen under your clothing when sunbathing or using tanning beds to prevent premature fading of your pigment.
HAIR TRANSPLANT SCARS
Scalp micro-pigmentation is a highly specialized technique of applying micro-insertions of pigment into the scalp to mimic the appearance of natural hair follicles. The Nouveau Clinic’s state-of-the-art method of pigment application, is a cosmetic solution designed to camouflage the bare spots in your scalp, while reducing the gaps in the density of your hair. Our technique works by customizing our hair simulation artistry to your personal skin tone and hair texture. This service is ideal for all ethnic groups. This unique cosmetic treatment option provides an immediate, long-term and more cost effective solution, for individuals struggling with hair loss from these common concerns:
Many of our clients, come to us after years of struggle with feelings of being unattractive, inadequate or undesirable from partial or total hair loss. We understand your frustration. Whatever your circumstances or desired lifestyle change, we want to help you through the process of determining if scalp micro-pigmentation is the right choice for you. We believe that this highly customizable treatment option offers lots of advantages over older or more invasive hair loss treatments. While scalp-micro pigmentation does not re-grow your hair, it can restore confidence in your appearance, and give you a sense of wholeness, youth and renewed vitality at any age. Struggling with hair loss, and finding the right cosmetic restoration service is a highly personalized journey. There is no one solution that will work for everyone. We’d like to invite you to take the first step ~ contact us to learn more today!
Here are just a few of the benefits of Scalp micro-pigmentation
- No Potential for Scarring
- No Hair Systems, Products or Wigs
- Hassle-free – No Daily Maintenance
- Natural 3-dimensional Appearance
- Immediate and Long Lasting Results
- Can camouflage scars and irregularities in the scalp
Whether you’re a man or a woman, scalp micro-pigmentation can be used to create the illusion of fuller hair, camouflage scars or restore receding hair lines.
- We can hide or permanently camouflage transplant scars from FUE or strip surgery techniques
- We can use scalp-micro-pigmentation in combination with your hair transplant grafts to build density and the illusion of more volume
- We can revitalize a receding or irregular front or side profile
- We can camouflage all degrees of Alopecia / Male pattern baldness
- We can simulate todays contemporary, stylish “shaved or buzzed look”
- We are ethnic skin specialists
PLEASE NOTE: We do not recommended scalp micro-pigmentation for covering the crown of the head if you have large bald areas with no remaining hair on the top. You must have some hair remaining or transplanted in the bald areas to blend the illusion for best results. Scalp micro-pigmentation works best as a cosmetic solution for camouflaging hair loss if you are willing to shave your head for a close cropped or buzzed style in these circumstances. With the head shaved, we can then effectively camouflage your crown hair loss by using follicle simulation to blend with the new shaved hair style. Contact us for more details.
- We can add the illusion of more density in thinning crown hair if you have enough hair remaining for blending.
- We can camouflage spot hair loss from hormones, chemicals, extensions and weaves
- We can camouflage spot thinning
- We can add “delicate shading” intermittently around the front hair line (* Not applicable for all individuals) – Consult required.
- We can camouflage scars from cosmetic surgery in scalp and hairline
- We can camouflage Alopecia Areata
Scalp micro-pigmentation uses a technique called “Hair Follicle Simulation”. Our technicians will use a variety of cosmetic and medical grade pigments and artistic techniques to shade the skin and simulate new hair growth in the crown, the hairline, side profile, or the back of the scalp. We can treat spot areas or scars, or we can create a stylized simulation of the “shaved look” – which is contemporary, popular and trendy for men. We will apply micro-insertions of pigment and layer tones of color to create the effect of 3-dimensional hair follicles and scalp shading
- The completed camouflage effect is so subtle, no one will notice. The final artistry restores your appearance and your self confidence. Scalp micro-pigmentation is an affordable option that can “visually” restore thinning hair lost from medical, genetic, hormonal, chemical or stress related hair problems.
- Scalp micro-pigmentation will last approximately 2 to 5 years before requiring a booster to restore lost pigment and scalp detailing. Pigment retention times will vary from individual to individual. Simulating hair follicles in the scalp is a highly specialized cosmetic restoration procedure that produces a realistic and convincing simulation of hair in the scalp. This unique service offers a semi-permanent cosmetic option for camouflaging your hair loss.
Tell Me More…
Scalp micro-pigmentation (alternatively referred to as Hair Follicle Simulation), can provide you with an immediate and long term solution for camouflaging your hair loss. Most clients can complete their transformation in just one to three sessions.
…” Over 15 years of experience, dedication and specialization in the field of medical and cosmetic camouflage artistry” . We can also restore missing eyebrows or thinning beards to complete your natural look.
As an art form, scalp micro-pigmentation is practiced world-wide and is one of the safest and most popular cosmetic solutions for camouflaging hair loss in men, and women. However, the application of pigment to mimic hair follicles, requires extensive training, and a true artist’s eye for color, style, and ethnic considerations.
Scar camouflage and hair simulation artistry, are two of the most challenging and rewarding fields of medical and cosmetic restoration. Our clinicians are artists as well as highly skilled technicians. We have spent years training with specialists in our field the world over. Our skill sets have been honed through an unwavering commitment to using only the best technology, pigments and micro-pigmentation methods available today. We continue to expand our knowledge base through on-going training and we update our clinical certifications annually.
The Nouveau Clinic is a brand that stands for excellence in the paramedical arts. We are passionate about helping our clients camouflage scars and hair loss with minimally invasive, and long-term solutions. As experts in our field we will strive to meet or exceed your camouflage expectations. Your supreme satisfaction will always be our number one goal.